In order to study physical education and sports from scientific point of view, one should have familiar with anatomy and physiology. The studies of human bodily movements and effects of exercises on human body are performed only with the help and knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
The knowledge and conscience of anatomy and physiology is therefore, essential for any physical educator, coach or sport scientist.
The study of anatomy and physiology are essential to know physical education and sports from scientific point of view.
A sport trainer should have an ample knowledge of anatomy and physiology because it is only with the knowledge of anatomy and physiology, the sport trainer can improve the performance of his player by knowing the effects of exercises on the various bodily parts of his player.
Anatomy and physiology helps sport trainer and physical educator to evaluate the performance of his player. If a sport trainer is doing not have knowledge of anatomy and physiology, he cannot able to get best results out of his player.
Not only sport trainer but a player should also have knowledge of anatomy and physiology, he can improve his sport skill according to the sport event by knowing the capacity of his body.
The importance of anatomy and physiology in Physical Education and Sports can be better judged from the below points:-
1. It helps in evaluation of a player’s capacity.
2. It helps in study the effects of exercises on human body.
3. It helps in positioning of body during training session.
4. It helps in preventing sports injuries.
5. It helps in providing adequate information of sports nutrition.
6. It helps in speedy rehabilitation from sports injuries.
7. It helps in improving the sports performance of a player.
8. It helps a player to choose any sport event as per his bodily capacity.
9. It helps in recovery of fatigue occurred during training session.
10. It helps in study the ill-effect of alcohol to human body.
11. It provides information of positive or negative aspects of a player’s bodily structure.
Thus, it is quite evident from the above points that the knowledge of anatomy and physiology are essential in Physical Education and Sports.